Monday, August 11, 2008

Today I have spent most of my day in the most lazy of attitudes. I am planning to start school by the end of this month and as such I am trying to spend my days doing as little as possible to re-energize for the educational down-pour. And so today I spent my day lazily walking the fast paced Internet highways. Basically, I spent most of my day on YouTube. Therefore, I have come to the smallest of conclusions and I suppose that I am not the first nor the smartest person to have said this. But I, in my humble and small view of the world would like to note something.

After spending hours at the computer screen watching silly, insipid videos...things like Jessica Simpson's new music video, and the very talented but time wasting videos of Miley Cyrus's dance off. I have found myself contemplating the current Hollywood trend of divorces and splits.

Now I am not one to really spend most of my time watching reality shows on T.V. and I don't go out and buy U.S. weekly, or any other gossip pushing, body-emphasizing, self-esteem destroying magazines. But I have watched my fair share of Biography episodes. And I have found that many and more actors and actress, being of celebrity fame, and going through a divorce and/or a split, all or most file for "Irreconcilable differences"

Though I am no lawyer and I don't pretend to know what options a person would have as reasons to claim for a divorce. But it seems to me, that more and more "celebrities" are using this as an easy out. I mean how many people can claim "irreconcilable difference"and for that matter, how many times can you claim that? I have seen several actors or actress claim that statement a number of times.

However, don't get me wrong, I am not one to judge rudely. I do believe that sometimes you just can't get along with someone. But my point is, is that so many celebrities are claiming this statement, and I wonder, can it really be that common? Furthermore, are they really "irreconcilable differences" or are these so called stars and celebrities just lacking in moxie and determination to make the marriage work?

I haven't figured it out just yet, (hey I am no Einstein) but you must agree that it at least makes you think...

No comments: