Monday, June 22, 2009

The First..."Puffball Called Ron"


"There once was a puffball floating high in the air,
It floated around me while I sat on my chair.
Dancing and bobbing this way and that,
Moving as graceful as a swaggering cat.
Delighted at once that I’d made a new friend,
I called to the puffball and it began to descend.
“What is your name, oh dryer lint spawn?”
I heard a tiny voice say, he calls himself Ron.
“It is quite nice to meet you, oh Ron of the fluff,
You seem to be made of some really neat stuff!
He bounced and he landed quite fit on my nose,
So with a puff of my breath into the air he rose.
He moved and he danced with the air of my breath,
Finding himself a new place to rest.
“Goodbye you old puffball” I joyfully called.
As he moved out the door and into the hall.
He vanished from sight; in a wink he was gone,
Goodbye you old puffball, the puffball called Ron. "
I decided that I am also going to use this Internet space as a way to share some of the things that I have written. This one is one of my favorites only because of how it was written. I was sitting at my desk in my apartment and I was trying to do my homework. And when I am trying to focus on something that I don't really want to do I usually get really distracted and this poem is a good example of what happens when it's late and I am trying to procrastinate my work. My roomate and best friend Chelsey I'm sure enjoyed my insanity... well it's just the Scottish in me!

No comments: