Friday, August 6, 2010

My Computer: Another Appendage

You know, I never realized how much I used my computer...well that's not entirely true, I know I have a pretty serious computer addiction. (I am seeking help) But I never realized how much my computer would actually be missed until it was gone. Just like all those old people say, "you don't know what you've got until it's gone", I suddenly feel electronically naked. Now the only thing I can do to fill the writing needs I have is write on Facebook or my email. It wasn't until today...almost two weeks since my computer broke, that I realized I had this blog thingy I can write on.
My computer has been unfailingly dependent since I got her, then about two weeks ago a message appeared on the screen that I had never seen before. My Dell Media Direct was uploading information...which it had never done before. Sadly I decided it would be a good idea to press a bunch of buttons to make it go away and now my sweet, beautiful computer is caught in some kind of loop warning. I hate my life!
The saddest part about being without my computer, not just the fact that I can't do anything, but the fact that every paper I have ever written is on that computer. Every song I have ever bought is on that computer, and every picture I have ever taken is on that computer. I am told that I should be able to get everything off safely. But like all things in life there is no guarantee. What's even more sad...(I know I say that all the time, but this time I mean it) what's really sad is that for the past few months I have been thinking I needed to do something with my stuff on my hard drive. I have been having this feeling that I needed to get an external hard drive, and I even went and looked at some but I never bought one. It's moments like this that we all kick ourselves again and again for not listening to our first impression.
I even thought of putting it on my family's external hard drive...and yet I still didn't. I hate myself.

No comments: