Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Plot of the Evil Text

A Morning Song

Time is moving faster whilst you sleep,
The morning dove has whispered her peep.
And yet unfailing you never move,
A solo contest you wish to prove.
Sleeping forever to block from your mind,
Thoughts from the past which were unkind,
My sleepy love though, don’t you forget,
That lesson learned from thought of regret.
So wake my dear love, and hear my soft voice,
Whisper to you, you now have a choice.
Awake and take in God’s glorious sight,
Stretch out your body use all your might.
Awake, awake and take on the day!
Get out of bed and kneel to pray!
Then receive the day with all that you have,
Working as hard as truly you can,
Making the best of all that you are,
Then reaching that point and raising the bar.

I wish to now take this time to explain how this poem came about, it was not planned, which is usually how these things go, but I had actually written this poem to annoy and irritate my boyfriend. See last night around 11:30 PM I had planned to hear from my boyfriend...let's call him Morgan. Anyway, he had said that he would call me after his activity for the LDS YSA. Thinking that the activity couldn't go that late, I assumed that he would call as soon as he could and that something had happened to detain him from keeping his word. So being the sweet, wonderful, devoted girlfriend that I am I decided to wait up for him... I waited, I waited, and I waited. Finally around 1:00AM (Utah time) he called. To be fair he did have a good reason for not calling me until such a late hour and he did apologize. However, since I am lacking on several hours of sleep I am not in a particularly giving mood.

So after he FINALLY called me we talked for another 2 hours... making 3AM my bed time. Now it would not have been so bad, had I actually been able to sleep in. But seeing as I had a LDS Temple dedication at 8:30 and we had to be in our seats at 8, I had to wake up at 6AM! Leaving me with only 3 hours of sleeping time. Anyone who really knows me or who has been around me when I am lacking in the Z's, knows that I get kind of strange and silly to the point, I'm guessing, of being annoying.

When I was awaken at 6AM by my dear mother, I had the nasty little thought to text Morgan and tell him how much I hated his freakin' stinky guts! Luckily I came to my senses and decided that it would be best to wait until after the dedication to text him my hate message. Unfortunately after the dedication, where I spent my time mostly trying not to fall asleep and having strange dreams of surgery, licorice, and temples, a good feeling actually began to envelop me and I didn't want to waste my time being mad at Morgan. So again with being the good girlfriend that I am, I sent him a text informing him of my evil text plot and telling him how I had resisted the temptation.

So here I am waiting in my car after the dedication floating on a cloud of good feelings and happiness. The second I walked in the door... good feeling gone. I began to plot evil ways of getting back at him. (this might have had something to do with the fact that he never texted me back, which meant that he was still asleep, and also because I remembered that he would probably be asleep until 12:30 because his church didn't start until 1) Bitter that I had to wake up early, and tired (obviously) I wanted to get back at him by making him wake up too. So in my Z-less wisdom I sent him a text and this is what it said; I am going to keep sending texts until you wake up. (I did warn him) and I preceded to send him text after text, again and again. Sending him random thoughts and even writing him a poem. (thus the poem that you read above) Over and over I texted him hoping to finally wake him up.... 39 text messages later, I still haven't heard from him.

The End. Now that the story is over I don't know whether it proved how dedicated my boyfriend was to sleep, or if it proved how insane I get when I don't get my beauty sleep. (Is that why they call it beauty sleep? Because you act like an uglier person?) Either way, I think it puts text messages in a bad light.

No comments: